Are you scared of poor infection control at your Nail Spa?
Disappointed by poor service and quality?
Want a space you can relax in and enjoy?
At MediPedi, we have brought our expert medical knowledge from the podiatry field to build a luxurious nail spa, creating a safe sanctuary for hand and feet pampering. A lack of correct sterilisation procedures and the reuse of equipment can cause infections and spread disease.
We offer a unique experience where you can enjoy the pampering of a manicure with attractive and healthy results – beauty that’s more than skin deep. You can truly relax knowing that our staff are properly trained, and our equipment is safe and sterlie.
Unlike podiatry, medical and dental clinics, nail salons and beauticians are not regulated by a governing body. Little training is given in sterilisation and cross infection procedures making them especially vulnerable to the spread of disease and infection. All of our services at MediPedi are performed to medical grade standards
1. We adhere to the Australian Podiatry Board standards in regards to health and safety regulation
2. Our Podiatrists are qualified professionals who train our beauticians in proper sterilisation techniques
3. Our Nail Technicians are Certificate 11 in Nail Technology and above qualified
4. We use specialist footbaths (Victoria’s Essentials) and proven products (Pedi.Genie) to ensure cleanliness
5. Jet footbaths are not used as we cannot guarantee cleanliness and sterility
6. Instruments that are reused are processed using an ultrasonic cleaner then sterilised in a high-pressure steam Autoclave (steriliser)
7. Single use disposable items can be taken home with you after the treatment
January 20, 2016